Above, Emma (a.k.a. "Snow White") is giving her new bed a try for the first time. Below, you see why this new bed was necessary.
Claire wanted to be the first to tuck Emma in at night. . .In the midst of our Halloween chaos, Emma decided that she was done with her crib. We, too, had decided this several weeks earlier, but were slow in actually getting the "big girl bed" set-up. I believe the day Emma crawled out of her bed at nap time, opened her bedroom door, shut it behind her, walked out and put herself in time out, things were officially decided. Her side of the story: "I was crying. I wanted out." From that point on, there was no keeping her in that crib!
One day later, we said a fond farewell to our baby crib and set up the bed that I used as a child. Emma has transitioned very well. She enjoys her new freedom, and, thankfully, after a week of no naps, has decided to return to her old napping ways (for the time being).
One day later, we said a fond farewell to our baby crib and set up the bed that I used as a child. Emma has transitioned very well. She enjoys her new freedom, and, thankfully, after a week of no naps, has decided to return to her old napping ways (for the time being).
No comments:
Post a Comment