
Poor, sweet Emma. She has had to go around town this week taking Claire to her dance and gymnastics activities, and (sigh). . watch. Trust me when I say, it has not been easy to keep a determined toddler from bolting into the gym and dance rooms while happily proclaiming, "Yea! Me do!!". Her smiles quickly turning to tears as she is escorted out. It's sad, but at the same time, she has her own special activities coming her way during Claire's school hours.
I thought the title "Lady in Waiting" would be fun for this blog entry, and then out of curiosity, I decided to research its definition. This is what I found at Wikipedia: "A lady-in-waiting (also called waiting maid) is a female personal assistant at a noble court, attending to a queen, a princess or other noblewoman. A lady-in-waiting is often a noblewoman of lower rank (i.e., a lesser noble) than the one she attends to, but is not considered a servant. Their duties varied from court to court." Based on that definition, I feel like I qualify for the title right along with Emma! Between the school carpool lines and after-school activities, I would say I am serving the purpose of a personal assistant. To round the definition out, I'm pretty sure Claire would classify herself as a queen or a princess.
1 comment:
Sooooooo sad! Not easy being "baby sister".
Post a Comment