











One of the benefits of this new city of ours is a local zoo. Yea!! It did not take us long to sign-up for a membership, and we have been enjoying it ever since. Emma is very much into gorillas ("rillas") right now, so it is fun to take her to see them in person. Yesterday, we made our second trip to the zoo to see the animals that we didn't get to see the first time, and to let the girls play in the children's water area. It was also the first time they entered the "Foam Zone". They loved that pit of bubbles!
For me, the highlight of the trip was watching a practice training session with the lions. I did not have a zoom on my camera phone, so you can see that we were close to the action. The girls liked it when the trainer asked the big lion to "speak" and we heard his roar. Claire, being the inquisitive thing she is, asked two questions: 1. Where do the lions sleep when it is winter? 2. How do you feed the lions so that they don't bite your hand? I was quite impressed with her questions. When she started to ask them, I wasn't sure what she was about to say. :) From her question on feeding, she learned about the meat stick that the trainers use, and she even got to hold one. I could tell she was quite proud of herself as well.
We look forward to many more zoo days to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment