





In honor of Independence Day, Claire and I made a patriotic flag cake today. We were feeling quite festive all dressed in our red, white & blue as we took our beautiful creation to a BBQ with some friends this evening. While there, the kids had a blast splashing and playing in the water. It was fun for all!!
Due to Emma's bedtime, we ended our evening before dark with some "Party Poppers" back home. However, I am happy to report that there have been fireworks going off in the neighborhood this evening. My 4th of July is now complete!
Lastly, I wanted to say how thankful I am to all who have served, or are currently serving, our country in the military. Each 4th of July, I swell up with pride for the many years of service that my dad gave to the Air Force. Between us, Jeremy and I actually have several family members that have served our country, and we are so grateful to them. We sincerely appreciate the dedication and sacrifices that are made on a daily basis so that we can live in a free country. We are truly blessed!
*On a side (and somewhat more trivial) note, you might notice a new knot on Emma's forehead in the sister picture. She fell just before our photo op, and therefore was not much in the mood for taking pictures at the time. Hence, the serious face and thumb-sucking.
2 comments:
You made the cake that I had in my head, but never got around to doing. Did we just happen to have the same idea, or was it in a magazine and I forgot I had seen it there? That is wild if we both made that up!
I actually first made that cake back in college. However, the idea wasn't original. It has been printed many times over the years. You should make one. It is yummy and "nutritious"! :)
"L", you need to get back on the blog wagon. I've been missing your tales and insights on motherhood.
Post a Comment