Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Morning


Jeremy and I had so much fun watching the girls on Christmas morning this year. It may be hard to believe, but we actually woke Claire up to get things started around 8:45. We were the excited ones! However, I do so cherish these sleeping in days because I know that at some point in the future Claire will be waking us up much earlier come Christmas morning. This year she was still just a little too young to know what to expect on such a magical morning.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any still pictures of the "big reveal" of Santa gifts because we were too busy taking videos (on one of my Christmas gifts!). However, I can assure you that both girls had a blast tearing into their presents (Claire was sure to help Emma along the way), and since have enjoyed playing with all of their new things. We have had the most fun watching Emma play with a new "Touch and Feel" book that she received from a friend of ours. It has a furry bunny on the cover, and she has done everything from lick the fur to lie down on it while sucking her thumb. As for Claire, she has been having so much fun with her new toys that she never wants to leave her play room!
The last picture is of the Christmas pillow that Claire painted for us at school. She did a remarkably good job of not telling us what the gift was before we opened it. All she would say was that it was "a surprise for Mommy and Daddy". It was definitely one of my favorite gifts.

No comments: